SOFTWARE/APPLICATION & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT work
- Over 50 commercial software and hardware products were launched through the entire SDLC process (from planning – requirements definition – design – development – test – acceptance – Launch & end-of-life) for HP, IBM, Kofax, Symantec, Adobe, Fujitsu, Kodak, FileNet and others. Products included: NEW, Upgrades, Integrations & OEM solutions. Methodologies used included: Agile / Scrum / PMI / RUP / ….
- Over 9 years as an HP OpenView Product Manager – Growing revenues over 100% into European and AAA regions & Releasing over 20 software products – NEW Products, Upgrades, Integrations & OEM solutions
- Generated over 50% of Kofax’ revenue by managing it’s core product line and growing business development and OEM solution opportunities and setting up a NEW Business Development PM group to focus on OEM & Integration opportunities
- Established IBM / FileNet as the #1 document management vendor by developing a software integration solution between Kofax technologies and FileNet.
- Saved Toyota $10M by designing a NEW BI interface of critical Automotive data for car valuation.
- Reduced Toyota’s costs by 40% by enhancing and migrating an motor application and data warehouse.
- Saved Toyota 25% by migrating a Credit Financing Application to an ASP/SAAS model.
- Enabled Toyota to achieve 100% compliance and of all applications & allowed them to sell 2009 cars by supporting NEW Compliance rule for VIN Model-Year Recycling interpretation.
- Reduced development costs for several companies by 30% by designing and on-boarding offshore development & testing resources. Teaching them how to manage and hold offshore resources accountable.
IT INFRASTRUCTURE & DATA CENTER work
- Designed and setup Application Monitoring for over 30 Business Critical applications built on Mainframe-Unix-Wintel platforms, including CRM, Claims, Fulfillment applications to ensure application up-time and SLAs were met.
- Over 8 Data Center Migrations & Consolidations (involving 1000’s of servers & 300+ applications) – reducing costs by as mush as 30% for UnitedHealth, Pacificare, Americhioce and others while virtually managing 100’s of people world-wide from internal departments and external vendors.
- Over 7 data center “Outsourcing” projects for multiple companies were executed for external vendors to manage daily operations & application development/support – saving 30%+ for each organization as well as saving over 50% of support costs by re-engineering and improving quality of support and response time for their customers. RFP released for bid for two 10,0000 sq ft Data Centers in 3 months.
- Designed and Built a Virtualized Desktop Infrastructure environment for several companies – supporting 300+ business applications, 1000’s of developers & support staff in less than 5 months. And 4 vendors were on-boarded to leverage the VDI environment in less than 2 months.
TRAINING & COACHING work
- Taught 1000′s of Product Managers, Project Managers and Business Analysists “how to” skills for all phases of SDLC project lifecycle, project management, product marketing, Agile techniques, traditional waterfall techniques, and the mixing and matching of just the right techniques for the project at hand.
- Coached dozens of companies and entrepreneurs on business startup, market planning, positioning and more…
- Coached Fortune 100 companies in Transitioning to Agile and improving their Agile practices to deliver solutions and value to clients in a fraction of the time it was taking.
- Setup a NEW PMO for CISCO – saving over 15% and ensured 60%+ of projects were delivered on-time/on-budget/in-scope as long as they followed the PMO processes